Each job seeker has an Employment Facilitator assigned to assist them to secure employment. The Employment Facilitator’s role with job seekers is as follows:
- To support the job seeker to set their job seeking/career planning goal/s,
- To assist the job seeker to draw up a job seeking/career planning action plan. This may include – CV preparation, writing of covering letters, discussions on disability disclosure and work experience,
- To source employment to match the job seeker’s skills and abilities. This may involve contacting employers on your behalf or supporting you to contact employers directly.
- To assess the suitability of employment location, particularly with regards health and safety requirements.
- To support job seekers during the application and interview processes. This may assistance with application forms, CV’s and covering letters, discussions around gaps in CV’s, discussions around disability disclosure and interview preparation.
- To provide appropriate support to enable the job seeker to reach their full potential in their new employment. To provide ongoing support in employment as appropriate for the duration of the programme.
- To ensure that each client is treated with respect and dignity.